About Me

My photo
Within this blog you can expect to find all the latest news related to Formula 1 & its Jr. series (GP2 & GP3) This is my first ever blog so feel free to leave comments on how I am doing or Tweet me @PhillipNunesF1 with your views.

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog. This is my first attempt at blogging and I intend for it to be a success so please feel free to leave comments saying how I am doing and your opinion on the latest F1 news.

Everything written on this site is by myself - Phillip Nunes

Also follow me on Twitter for all my blogs & the latest news and views..


Monday 12 March 2012

Vettel Also Eager To Start The Season

Vettel Also Eager To Start The Season


Last week Mercedes driver Michael Schumacher commented how he was eager to get going in Melbourne this upcoming weekend. Now fellow countryman Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has followed 7 time world champion in displaying his eagerness to get going in Australia and finding out the true pace of fellow teams.


Following the performance of the Milton Keynes based team dominating the 2011 Formula 1 season and seemingly following that form with a strong RB8 car into preseason winter testing this year, it has of course placed both Red Bull & Vettel to win the respective championships for the 3rd year in a row. Despite this Sebastian has voiced his concern saying you can not know anyone's true pace until qualifying in Melbourne.

“You never really know where you are until we get to Melbourne and, even then, you don’t really see what everyone has got until qualifying"

His concerns are more than likely Vettel demonstrating his wise head but it could be a real issue evolved from his awful last day at preseason testing in Barcelona, Spain. Sebastian Vettel completed 23 laps on the last day in 11th posistion with a below par time of 1.23.608s. This was alarmingly in his new b-spec RB8. According to reports Vettel went of track early on and broke the front wing then the new RB8 struggled with a gear box issue. 


Despite these worries the young German seems to be confident about the new spec car and his chances in the upcoming Albert Park based Australian grand prix and can not wait to get going.

"I think we have made a decent step with the car,"

"I’m looking forward to getting started. It is good to know we’re going racing again. I can’t wait to get on the flight and get down under.” said Sebastian.

Who do you see as being Sebastian's main threat this campaign? Leave a comment explaining or Tweet me via the link below.


Twitter - @PhillipNunesF1

No comments:

Post a Comment